Tuesday, February 21, 2023

My first and only time as a thrill seeker


 

When I was in 6th grade, my class went to a camp retreat called T Bar M for a couple of days.  There you could go on canoes, swim and climb a rock wall and go on a zip line.  We did trust building exercises and other fun activities.  When it came time to climb the rock wall and go down the zip line some of us were ready to do it, others were not sure and some decided not to do it at all.  I was a little bit scared but at the same time I wanted to do it to get over the fear. They had a lot of safety belts and spotters and people to coach you how to go up safely.  Still, the rock wall looked very high and scary.  I don't know how I managed to get the courage to go up, but I did it.  The view from the top was beautiful.  Then I had to go and do the zip line because that is the only way to get down. I started going down and it went very fast, kind of like a roller coaster.  It was scary but exiting. When I think about it now, I don't know how I did that.  I would never do that again.  Never!

No comments:

Post a Comment